Here are 3 of the simplest agility drills you can do to enhance your stamina:
1. Lateral Run Drills(Side-to-Side) – also improves knee/ ankle stability
- Crouch to a low center of gravity and quickly step on each square of the agility ladder in a sideways direction.
- Drive arms forward.
- Make sure you use the balls of your feet to land each step.
- Go through you’re the agility ladder from left to right, then go back. Repeat.
2. High-Knee Running Drills – for better speed and foot coordination
- Run forward at basic speed.
- Keep a high knee form and drive your arms forward.
- Land on the balls of your feet
3. Low-Knee Speed Running Drills – for better endurance
The secret to reviving energy levels is to move fast, states former conditioning coach at Texas A&M and Kansas State, Rod Cole. He says that when athletes get tired in the first quarter, they’ve got to move their feet quickly.
This low-knee speed running drill can be a perfect add-in between strength training workouts.
- Do quick steps on each agility ladder rung without looking down as much.
- Swing arms forward. Repeat.